written news story

To write a news story you must first come up with ideas and decide which one will be the best to use. To do this the people in our group shared our ideas with each other and agreed on the one we thought would work the best which was a story on a foreign exchange student. we filmed this by getting an interview of our subject and getting B-roll of her at her classes. Then we used the answers to help us write a story and put together a video. To write an accurate and believable story I had to add a quote to the written part to get show an actual answer from Lea.
Writing a news story gave me a view of another aspect of what it takes to work in news. You not only have to be able to record a video and the responses, but you also have to be able to write a good story that people want to read. In the future I'd like to work on the story telling aspect of the writing and get better at making the story interesting.
I would keep the intro paragraph the same because it doesn't tell to much information but it gives an overview of the story. Next time I will try to incorporate the pyramid more into my work. Overall, I thought it was a learning experience for writing a news story for the first time.

Comments

Popular Posts