Semester final

Drive Safe Short Film



    For this project we were given the task of creating a short film that had to be at least three minutes long. The other requirements were that we had to make a script for an original film and have a complete story. This project took about a 5 weeks to complete if you include the story making process. The first step was taking the time to create a story and a script which took about two weeks and after they were all complete the class voted on which ones were their favorites.
    Once we had decided on what films to make we divided into groups based on genres; my group was originally a comedy group but we changed to drama. It then took about three weeks to storyboard, film, and edit. One of the biggest problems we had was finding times to film when everyone was available. We ended up having to film at the last minute and we ended up getting it all done.while creating this short film I learned that having actors in mind early is important. We have not any feed back on the video yet. Overall, I think we could have done better but we did good for changing the whole idea of our film twice.

Napoleon Dynamite Movie Trailer



   In this project we were supposed to recreate a movie trailer that we were assigned in class. my group was assigned Napoleon dynamite, a movie which only one of us had seen before, but it was ok because  the trailer was easy to understand. This project took about three weeks to complete, I remember that we got this project done relatively quickly because we did pre production well and had a lot of things planned out before hand.
   One of the only challenges was finding actors. trying to get people to all be free at one time is difficult when no one is fully devoting their time to film in high school. Some feed back we got was that we did a good job of copying the original. Something we could do better next time is make sure you can hear all the audio and that all the shots are focused. Overall, this was one of my favorite videos that I worked on this year.

Class Review

   In class I tried to get all the pre production done fast as possible so that we could get the filming done early. Sometimes this would leave us with extra time in class and when I would get extra time I would mostly do homework for my other classes. near the end of the year though when I was ready for finals I just played games on the computer. Outside of class I tried to communicate with my partners what needed to be done and what I could do for the video. I then did what I was told.
   I feel like I was very good at completing any task that the group needed to get done and doing it well. One area I need to improve on is letting others in the group know what I think and not just always listening to whatever they say.

Short Film Experience 

In the Short Film I was a an actor for a drama film. During the process I learned that making the story and script takes the longest and makes the entire movie what it is. during the writing process I learned  that is hard to make a script without making it sound cliche or used. 

Summary

This semester my favorite part was working in groups everyday and interacting with the people in your class. The only thing I would change is that all group assignments should be mostly random with some exceptions. One take away would be that I learned that planning for filming or anything in your life is important. Next year I would like to make my work more personal to me.
     
 


Comments

Popular Posts