E-comm Final

Feature Story

    In this project we had to create a feature news story. For our groups project we interviewed a foreign exchange student. This project took us about two weeks to plan, film, and edit.
    While making this video we struggled with people in our group showing up. We also took to long to decide what we wanted to do. Through this I learned that communication within the group is important if we want to meet deadlines.
    Some feedback we got was about getting more B-roll and making cleaner cuts which I knew was needed but since we didn't have much time I didn't have much to work with.
After I received this feedback I went and looked at the video but I decided I had done the best I could with what I had.
    This project did not go very well so I hope to improve in communication in the future. Also I learned that you can never have enough B-roll. Finally, I believe this was probably the worst project I did in video this year.

News Video 

    In this project we had to create a sports story that would be featured on the Sophomore ONW Now. This project took us one week to complete. The only real challenge we faced was finding someone to record the practices and games. Our group worked really well together and got everything done on time.
    Our group was very good at getting a schedule set and sticking to it. This project helped me learn that a story can fully be completed in a week. Before, I believed that it was hard to get a story together in two weeks. I feel like we have come a long way this semester.
    We were told that our ONW Now show was really good especially for our first time. Next time we could work on being enthusiastic and learn how to operate the equipment in the news room. Overall, I feel like we did a great job.

Time Management

   In e-comm your projects are on the clock one after another so you have to grind them out and get them done. In class I try to stay focused and not start searching up random things on youtube. Once you even open something that is not your work you can get distracted very easily.
   I find that listening to music helps me stay focused on my work and not get distracted by my other classmates. Also, making sure that you get a project in before the deadline is crucial. If one project is late then you get assigned another one you still have to finish your last project. That gets you behind on your next project then it is just a cycle. Finally, I watch other peoples work to enhance my skills outside of class.

Strengths and Weaknesses 

   I feel as if I was good at leading vocalizing opinions for my group. I also think that I did a good job of keeping my group on task at points. I maximize these strengths by organizing interviews for my group and making sure everyone knows their role. Some weaknesses are my knowledge of premiere and the equipment. To improve on these things I need to ask teachers for guidance. I can also watch tutorials when I don't know how to do something.\

Sophomore ONW Now and semester review

   My group made a sports story for ONW Now as stated previously. As you know it went very well. This project was my favorite part of the semester because my group wasn't crunched on time and I got to work the sound board for the show. One thing I would change was my work ethic in the first quarter. I wasn't very focused or engaged in my work.
   Overall, I have learned a lot about teamwork and communication. I have also learned how to make good news stories. Next year I would like to improve my knowledge of the equipment, always plan ahead, and finish before deadlines. This semester has helped me learn a lot and I plan to learn more next semester.


Comments

Popular Posts